In the last 5 years, Camino de Santiago has become a part of our life. We have walked many different routes and written a lot of content dedicated to the Camino (41 to be exact including this one). We created this resource page to make it easier for you to find the right content. On this page, all our Camino posts are divided into relevant groups so you can quickly find what you’re looking for instead of spending time scrolling down the screen on our menu page.
Table of Contents
General Camino de Santiago posts
In this section, you can find our general Camino de Santiago resources for planning your pilgrimage walk.
- Camino de Santiago – all you need to know
- 7 main Camino de Santiago routes
- 7 lesser-known Camino routes
- The last 100 km to Santiago on different Camino routes
- The cost of walking the Camino
- Albergues on the Camino de Santiago
- Food on the Camino de Santiago
- The history of the Camino de Santiago
- Extraordinary pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago
Preparing for the pilgrimage
Preparation is an essential part of the successful Camino walk especially if you have never done hiking or long-distance walking. Training, planning the route, and choosing the best time for walking will help minimize stress during the pilgrimage.
- Training for the Camino de Santiago
- Travel insurance for the Camino de Santiago
- When is the best time to walk the Camino?
- Our best Camino tips
- Camino de Santiago FAQ
Packing tips for the Camino de Santiago
After spending months walking different Camino routes in different seasons we have created resources to help you to decide what to take with you on the pilgrimage.
- Camino de Santiago light packing list
- Best backpacks for the Camino de Santiago
- Best shoes for the Camino de Santiago
- Best socks for the Camino de Santiago
The Portuguese Camino de Santiago resources
We have been living in Portugal for the last two years which gives us easy access to the Portuguese Camino de Santiago. As a result, we’ve created several posts on the route. We’re planning to continue exploring this beautiful route and writing more content that hopefully can help you to plan your walk.
- The Portuguese Camino de Santiago – a detailed guide + Central Route stages
- The Coastal Route of the Portuguese Camino
- The Portuguese Camino from Lisbon and the Camino de Fatima
- The Spiritual Variant of the Portuguese Camino
- Combarro – a beautiful town on the Spiritual Variant
- The three routes of the Portuguese Camino from Porto
- How to switch from the Coastal Route/Litoral Way to the Central Route in Vila do Conde?
- Switching from the Coastal Route to the Central Route in Caminha
Planning resources for the Camino Frances
The Camino Frances is by far the most popular route of the Camino de Santiago. Tenth of thousands of pilgrims walk it every year. In this section, you can find some planning resources for the French route. We haven’t dedicated as much time to this route as to the Portuguese Camino but we definitely will in the nearest feature.
- Camino Frances (French route) walking stages
- The French Camino de Santiago – a detailed guide
- Camino Frances from Sarria – a guide and walking stages
- How to get to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port (the starting point of the Camino Frances)?
Other Camino de Santiago routes
We have walked 9 different Camino routes some of them more than once (parts of some routes to be exact). Here you can find planning resources for most major routes in Spain and for some off-the-beaten-path trails.
- The Northern Camino de Santiago – a detailed guide
- Camino del Norte (Northern Camino) waking stages
- Camino Primitivo – a guide and walking stages
- Camino Ingles – a guide and waking stages
- Camino Finisterre – a guide and walking stages
- Via de la Plata (the Seville to Merida part) – a detailed guide and walking itinerary
- Camino de San Salvador – a guide and walking stages
- Camino de Gran Canaria – a guide and walking stages
Plan your stay in Santiago de Compostela
Here are some ideas to help you plan your stay in Santiago de Compostela after completing the pilgrimage.
- Best places to stay in Santiago de Compostela
- Best things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Pilgrim’s Reception Office in Santiago de Compostela
Our YouTube channel
You can find many Camino de Santiago videos on our YouTube channel. We publish new videos on a regular basis if you don’t want to miss updates subscribe to our channel.
Questions or Comments?
Got any questions or comments? We would love to help! All questions and comments will be answered by us personally in Buy Me a Coffee. Click below and ask away.
Feel free to support our site by buying us a coffee!
The pretty half of Stingy Nomads, responsible for all our land adventures (hiking, climbing, walking the Camino) and following them write-ups. Alya loves walking since she was a child, she prefers to walk 1000 km with a backpack rather than to do a 10 000 km road trip (actually any road trip). Alya is a big fan of Latin America, the Spanish language, and dancing. Every time we go away she desperately misses our dog Chile.