Travel insurance offers you coverage when you have an accident traveling away from home. Having an accident in a foreign country can be an extremely costly affair without appropriate cover.
Get a personalized insurance quote from 2 different companies for your Camino in 2 minutes right here!
Walking the Camino de Santiago is not a high-risk venture but medical and travel accidents and incidents can still happen. Get quotes from Safetywings Travel Insurance and World Nomads Travel Insurance here. Compare the quotes and see if one of these companies will work for you!
World NomadsGet a quote from World Nomads Here, simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world.
Fill in your age and planned travel dates and see the price!
- Safetywing is affordable travel medical insurance that cover people from all over the world, while outside their home country.
- Medically Safetywings will cover you if you are in an accident or fall sick while you are outside your home country and need medical assistance.
- Safetywings is not a primary medical insurance but will provide coverage for unexpected illness or injury, including eligible expenses for hospital, doctor or prescription drugs.
- Covid-19 is covered the same as any other illness as long as it was not contracted before your coverage start date, and does not fall under any other policy exclusion or limitation.
Travel accidents happen while on the road, Safetywings insurance includes coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response, natural disasters, and personal liability.
- Safetywings was initially aimed at digital nomads, long-term on the road. It is now available for short-term, long-term, and full-time travelers
- the insurance can cover trips of any length starting from 5 to 364 days making it suitable for walking any of the Camino routes.
Safetywings insurance does not have to be purchased in advance. It can be taken up and renewed while already traveling. We have traveled in several countries making use of Safetywings insurance.
Need a visa letter – You can get a proof of insurance visa letter of your destination online once you have purchased insurance.
More info regarding Safetywings insurance.
7 things to know about World Nomads travel insurance
Internationally recognised underwriters
World Nomads is backed by a suite of specialist travel insurers that provide 24/7 emergency assistance, customer service and claims support.
24/7 emergency assistance
If you need medical assistance or emergency medical evacuation, World Nomads’ multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to connect you with medical treatment and transportation during your trip.
Buy and claim on the road
Had a change of plans? You can extend your period of cover or claim online at any point in your journey. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
Adventure activity coverage
Designed by travelers, for travelers, World Nomads covers over 150 adventure sports and activities so you can explore your boundaries.
Travel safety tips and alerts
World Nomads provides useful and up-to-date travel insurance information and global travel safety advice to help you plan for your journey and navigate the risks.
Donate and make a difference
When you buy travel insurance with World Nomads, you can make a micro-donation to a community development project to help change lives in the destinations that need it most.
Travel content to help inspire, educate and plan
Plan your trip with free destination guides, develop your travel storytelling skills and learn how you can be a more responsible traveler with World Nomads as your travel companion.
World Nomads provides travel insurance for travelers in over 100 countries. As an affiliate, we receive a fee when you get a quote from World Nomads using this link. We do not represent World Nomads. This is information only and not a recommendation to buy travel insurance.
The strong half of Stingy Nomads, a nomadic aquaman that would be happy to spend all his life in the water diving, surfing and spearfishing but often has to compromise with Alya and go hiking instead. Campbell is responsible for all our marine adventures and following them with write-ups. He loves traveling, braai (BBQ in South Africa), red wine and spending the day in a wetsuit.