Travel insurance is important to reduce risk when away from home, especially if you take part in outdoor activities. Having an accident in a foreign country can be an extremely costly affair without appropriate cover.
Get a personalized insurance quote for your Camino in 2 minutes right here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Fill in your age and planned travel dates and see the price!
Walking the Camino de Santiago is not a high-risk venture but it’s always recommended to have travel insurance that can cover your medical and travel accidents and incidents. We recommend using Safetywings Travel Insurance.
- Safetywing is affordable travel medical insurance that cover people from all over the world, while outside their home country.
- Medically Safetywings will cover you if you are in an accident or fall sick while you are outside your home country and need medical assistance.
- Safetywings is not a primary medical insurance but will provide coverage for unexpected illness or injury, including eligible expenses for hospital, doctor or prescription drugs.
- Covid-19 is covered the same as any other illness as long as it was not contracted before your coverage start date, and does not fall under any other policy exclusion or limitation.
Travel accidents happen while on the road, Safetywings insurance includes coverage for travel delay, lost checked luggage, emergency response, natural disasters, and personal liability.
- Safetywings was initially aimed at digital nomads, long-term on the road. It is now available for short-term, long-term, and full-time travelers
- the insurance can cover trips of any length starting from 5 to 364 days making it suitable for walking any of the Camino routes.
Safetywings insurance does not have to be purchased in advance. It can be taken up and renewed while already traveling. We have traveled in several countries making use of Safetywings insurance.
Need a visa letter – You can get a proof of insurance visa letter of your destination online once you have purchased insurance.
More info regarding Safetywings insurance.
The strong half of Stingy Nomads, a nomadic aquaman that would be happy to spend all his life in the water diving, surfing and spearfishing but often has to compromise with Alya and go hiking instead. Campbell is responsible for all our marine adventures and following them with write-ups. He loves traveling, braai (BBQ in South Africa), red wine and spending the day in a wetsuit.