We have been traveling around the world for years and learned from experience how important travel insurance can be. I have had some medical problems on the road; malaria in Malawi, a dive accident in Indonesia and when Ryan that was on a long motorcycle trip with me had an infection it ended up costing him thousands of dollars in Vietnam. Insurance is not only important for medical reasons, as bloggers we carry some expensive equipment with us in our backpacks and I have lost my fare share of gear. Recently Alya and I hiked The Fish river Canyon in Namibia, the river wall broke and I ended up swimming with a DSLR camera and lenses in my backpack, if it wasn’t for insurance I probably would have still been posting photos taken with my phone on the blog!
In our opinion a great travel insurance company World Nomads
Problems we have experienced with insurance companies
- Does not cover long term trips, they don’t see it as traveling.
- Can not take out insurance while traveling.
- Can not extend insurance on the road.
- Does not cover ‘dangerous activities’ like diving and climbing
Going surfing, diving, hiking or bungy jumping?
- Adventure Junkies, World Nomads travel insurance has been designed by travelers for travelers, to help you explore your boundaries – cover for more than 150 Adventure activities
Round The World Trip
- Long term travelers, backpackers, digital nomads this is for you
Available to people from over 150 countries, get your free quote here!
Things you should know about travel insurance from WorldNomads.com
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from 140 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.