In January 2014 we were both traveling in South East Asia, meeting in this little surf hostel on Luzon Island. We stayed in the same dormitory and ended up exploring the Philippines together, 4 years later, married and still traveling.
Who Are We
Campbell Louw is South African and used to worked as a research scientist with a PhD in biotechnology. He is a Padi Scuba Instructor, loves free diving, surfing, running, hiking and exploring the world with a backpack.
Alya Akhmetgareeva is Russian and used to work as a linguist teaching English, Russian and Spanish, she has a Masters degree in Linguistics and loves art, classical music, diving, hiking, running and is an incurable travel addict.
Chile Louw is a Borador, her father is a Border Collie and Mother a Labrador. Chile still lives with her other mother Maryna Louw, but travels with us in South Africa. Chile loves swimming, traveling and camping!
- Showing the world travel does not have to be expensive or out of your reach.
- Motivating others to go for it!
- To be a valuable travel resource, if we have written on what you are looking for you would not need to search any further.
- We want to be a resource you can trust, only writing on places and activities we have experienced.
How do we still travel?
The blog is our project and contributes something. Campbell freelances as a Scuba Instructor. Alya teaches English online.
Countries we have traveled.
Why Stingy Nomads…
Stingy with a tongue in the cheek because we try to spend little money travelling on a tight budget. We would rather spend money on doing amazing things than on transport and accommodation. Nomads because we have been on the road for a couple of years, constantly moving.
More about Stingy Nomads
We have been published in several publications, both digital and print, these interviews can tell you a little more about us.
- Newspaper interview published in South African News site Media24.
- Interview with Hero and Leander, couples magazine.
- Interview with Africa and Beyond, South African blog
Want to work with us?
How did Stingy Nomads happen?
We would love to hear from you, so don’t be shy to comment give suggestions or ask questions!